An information packet will be mailed to you with your Reservation Confirmation. Whether you just want to sit on the porch and relax OR looking for things to do, the package will be full of ideas for your vacation in northwestern Montana. It will include:
- Kootenai National Forest Map marking all forest roads and hiking trails
- A Forest Service Guide to hiking trails
- Day trip ideas ~~ from scenic drives to fishing holes; from picnic lunches to quaint shops; from hiking trails to scenic waterfalls; from rock climbing to wildlife viewing ~~ from the West Kootenai to Glacier National Park ~~ from Libby to Yaak ~~ from Eureka to Kalispell .... the possibilities are as endless as the sky in "Big Sky Country."
We are firm believers that you do not have to spend a fortune to have a wonderful time in
After you arrive, reference our Cabin Information Book for exact directions & ideas!
The Bullet Hole Cabin II at Whispering Ridge West Kootenai, Rexford, Montana
More Things To Do!!!
- Hiking in the Kootenai National Forest to Glacier National Park and many trails throughout Tobacco Valley, including the "River Walk" along the old railroad bed in Eureka
- Fly and lake fishing - Lake Koocanusa, numerous local lakes and streams, Kootenai River
- Spend a day at Big Creek with Little North Fork Falls, fishing, wading, hiking and the Kootenai Indian pictographs
- Tour Libby Dam, the Kootenai Falls & the "Swinging Bridge" (where "The RIver Wild" was filmed), the Ross Creek Cedars; pan for gold at Libby Creek Gold Panning Area; visit Yaak Falls (www.libbymt.com)
- Go horseback riding with the the availabiility of 3 different outfiitters. Available on our side of the lake as well as on the east side of the lake. (Inexperienced and/or experienced riders welcome.)
- Rent a pontoon boat for Lake Koocanusa.
- Rent jet skies for Lake Koocanusa.
- Snowmobiling* in the winter on forest service roads in high country (bring your own machine or rent in Olney, MT)
- Four-wheeling* on forest service roads
*You will need to tow your snowmobiles and/or four wheelers out to forest service roads. We
have non-motorized access to the National Forest. Parking is not available at the cabin for trailers.
- Local Kootenai Store Friday night dinner in the summer, reservations required.
- Downhill and cross-country skiing - Two major ski areas are within 100 miles of the cabin. Fernie Snow Valley, Whitefish Mountain Resort, and Blacktail Mountain Resort. Turner Mountain is open on the weekends in Libby, MT
- Biking along scenic routes
- Rock climbing at Stone Hill (3 miles south of the bridge on Rt. 37)
- Swimming access on Lake Koocanusa (one access on our side; Rexford Bench on the east side) as well as lakes we can guide you to
- Golfing - Two public golf courses available; 9 or 18 hole course.
- Unbelievable - take your breath away - photographic opportunities
- Kayaking in local rivers and Canada
- Explore Eureka - featuring many unique shops with local artists and galleries
- Annual Amish Auction in June in West Kootenai (just down the road from the cabin)
Click on any photo image to enlarge
ANNUAL EVENTS IN AND AROUND THE AREA
* 37th Annual Rendezvous Days "Hotrods and Buckskins", Friday, Saturday & Sunday, last Saturday in April. (Parade, bed races, sand drags, mud bogs, quilt show, vendors & black powder shoot).
* Amish Auction, West Kootenai, (just down the road from the cabin). Second Saturday in June. (www.kilmercreek.com/auction.html).
* Koocanusa R.i.D.E.S Car Show, June.
* Lincoln County Rodeo, 3rd Friday & Saturday, July.
* Eureka Quilt Show, 1st Saturday in August.
* Lincoln County Fair, Friday, Saturday & Sunday, August.
* THE BULL THING, Saturday, August.
* The Parade of Lights, 1st Friday in December, 6:00 p.m., downtown Eureka.
* Christmas Bazaars, 1st Saturday in December